Saturday, October 9, 2010

Am I getting lazy already?

It's hard being a blogger.

Whenever I started this blog I had just gotten into a routine with Hunter in school. I had Dylan's naptime coordinated just right so I had time to write up a blog, edit it during bathtime, and boom- BLOG'S UP. But that last for like 2.5 posts and a weird un-sync-ed video. Madness sort of broke out the past few weeks and I haven't had too much extra time- not only that but I just had nothing too interesting to report.

Nevertheless, I hope to get some more posts out there these next few weeks before the holiday season begins- HELLO CHRISTMAS COOKIES! I think I've figured out my video issue AND apparently a good handful of you want to ask more questions. I guess that was a hit? Maybe I should just do a weekly sort of "news show" of sorts. Forget the writing and just broadcast a 15 minute show. I think I'll call it- "Yesterday's News Today". Ooo, I just got chills. That sounds so riveting.

So, if you are "following" my blog on a regular basis- keep an eye out for all new material in the next few weeks. I appreciate all the fun comments, emails, hiarious questions, and critiques. It's nice to have a new hobby!!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a short story... Hunter had quite the attitude problem the other evening. Come and join me as I relive the moment:

[Voiceover: Hunter has a horrible attitude and has been whining for quite some time. Mommy enters the room and discovers the mess has not been cleaned up.]

Me: "Hunter, what is the deal? These toys are not cleaned up. I've asked you 3 times now. GET.IT.CLEANED.UP."

Hunter: "Maaaaaaaaahhhhhhhmmmmaaaaam, I don't WANNNNT to clean it upppppp. (Whine, fuss, whine, fuss.)"

Me: "Did I make this mess?"

Hunter: "No."

Me: "Who did make this mess then??"

Hunter: "Dylan."

Dylan: [looking very confused and perplexed responds only with a blink] BLINK BLINK.

Me: "Don't throw your brother under the bus like that."

Hunter: "I didn't throw him under a BUS!"

Me: "Wait, no you don't get it. That's a phrase you use, oh nevermind... Seriously, get your toys cleaned up."

Hunter: "Ohhhhhhh (rolls eyes, sighs, huffs, puffs)"

[Lauren's now reached her patience limit. Get ready for Mother-mode in 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1...]

Me: "You know what Hunt, you have had the worst attitude this afternoon. I have just about had it. You need to start listening the first time so we don't have to have this argument. So I am only going to say this one more time- GET YOUR TOYS PICKED UP. And let me tell you one more thing, if you don't change your attitude this very second- I'm gonna change it for you."

[A hush falls over the crowd]

Dylan: BLINK BLINK.

[Hunter ponders my words for a moment while cleaning his toys up, what a good boy.]

Hunter: "Oh Mother, how do you plan on changing my attitude for me????"

Me: "................................"

[Lauren loses the battle by bursting into fits of giggles.]




Oh my Hunter... He is sooo good. He is such a thinker and has to breakdown everything I say to get to the bottom of things. Landon and I are so lucky to have both our boys. They are polite, well-behaved, kind, FUNNY, good-listeners (98.2% of the time), and just all-around loveable. How boring would my life be without them?? =)

Razzle and Dazzle Everyone.

Lauren

2 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Glad to have found you! I'll be following. I love this story, they are so funny at this age. The grandkids just crack me up!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

i need to meet Hunter! he sounds like my kind of kid... & so happy to know you are raising him to be the next generation of hilariousness (word.. probably not but tonight it is)

love, joy (bc it won't accept jazzy joy as an URL - it has illegal characters apparently.)

Post a Comment

© 2011 by Lauren B. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright 2014