Monday, October 11, 2010

I have a GUEST BLOGGER!

May I have your attention please! Introducing...the ONE...the ONLY... My mother, Colleen- blogging about none other than- me.



Hello everyone!  This is Lauren’s mother- Colleen.  I’m Lauren’s special guest here on The Secret to Laughing today.  I’m so excited.  She is very funny so I have my work cut out for me.  I’m not nearly as funny as her.   Her story about Hunter’s bad attitude really made me laugh!  The saying that an apple doesn’t fall far from the tree is the truth!  Yes.  Yes.  I know you all find this hard to believe but there was one time, just once, that little Miss Lauren had a bad attitude.  Can I do a smiley face here?  J  Obviously you all know that Lauren has a touch of “Drama Queen” in her.  If ever there was a Drama Fairy with a wand who swept fairy dust over a person to make them dramatic, then the Drama Fairy took her magic wand and  beat Lauren over the head with it because there was definitely high drama in our house when she was growing up.  I’m going to go down memory lane now and paint a picture of Lauren acting just like Hunter.  Picture it, 1985, we lived in the “blue house” (that’s how Lauren and Stephen have always referred to it) in Linden.  It’s a spring day and I have just washed my living room curtains and I’m ironing them.  As I iron each one I lay it across the living room recliner.  So Lauren comes over and sits on them.

Me:  Lauren, get off of those, Mommy just ironed them.

Lauren:  Scooches her little behind down further on them, wrinkling them up.  Blink Blink. 

Me:  Lauren.  Get up off the curtains please.

Lauren:  Folds her arms across her chest.  Blink Blink

Me:  Lauren.  Off!  (I pull her off the chair)

Lauren:  First she falls on the floor as if I unceremoniously dumped her there.  And when no one says, are you okay? She jumps up and gets back on the chair and scooches back down on the curtains.

Me:  “Lauren, Mommy said no!”   I pick her up and take her to her bedroom straight down the hall from the living room.  I put her in her room and tell her to stay there until she can listen.

Lauren:  Starts wailing, crying, yelling, and it keep accelerating and getting louder and more hysterical  until this is what we are hearing… “I….I….I…can’t ….. I can’t breath!  Ah, ah, wah wah, I can’t….I….I …..can’t breath!!!!!  More crying….more breathing….laying on the floor in her bedroom door now,  wahhhh, I can’t….

Me:  Her dad and I ignore her.  I continue to iron…..

Lauren:  More rolling on the floor, more hysterical crying, more I….I…..I …….when all of the sudden she stops!   She says, “Isn’t anyone going to pay any attention to me?????”

Me:  I go flying back the hall…I’ll give you attention!  If you want something to cry about I’ll give it to you.   Yes.  I’m sorry to say that she did get a spanking.  But then she said, “I love you Mama” – that’s what she called me, Mama.  And you know what?  I love her too! 

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Thank you for sharing this Mother. I call you "Mother" now... =) And I still love you, but even more than back then.

Post a Comment

© 2011 by Lauren B. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright 2014