Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just another day in the life...

Play-doh. What would the world be like without Play-doh? Well, I only assume life would be completely the same- but whatever- Play-doh is awesome. We have quite the collection of colors and accessories. I remember Hunter first getting Play-doh a few years ago and I had no problem whatsoever shoving him aside so I could create the World's longest snake! followed by the Biggest pile of purple spaghetti EVER! Apparently, I'm 5 years old- but I digress... I still love the classic toys. Nostalgia sets in and I'm in heaven. It takes very little to entertain me. Anyway, having my own two children has allowed all these toys back into my life and I am totally loving it. Here's a peek into a random day at my house...


Blanket laid out, bin of Play-doh out, cartoons on. We're ready.




Do we have enough? No. I don't think.




Of course we had to lay everything out and divide all the tools out evenly...


Hello! Had to make the tube...


Compliment of Hunter. Notice the artsy way I took this picture- my children all blurred out, whilst the cow is crystal clear. Genius.


"Hunter, I DOUBLE DOG dare you to take a bite of the meatball." ((Dylan and I snicker in the backround))


Hunter and I decided to make a big Play-doh meal.


A feast fit for a King! Regular AND pink spaghetti, saltwater taffy, a cupcake, a hotdog, and mint chocolate chip icecream.


Hunter made this and I had to get a good shot of it.



We got some cool "stamps" to play with too- the fun is endless...



I never quite understand parents who don't "play" with their kids. No matter what age the kids are, no matter what their interests are- there are a TON of awesome things to do. Whether it's Play-doh, blocks, huge forts make out of sheets/blankets, water balloon fights, superheroes, bubbles, hide and seek, a boardgame, a video game- I always take the time out to have fun. For me, it's not so difficult- I enjoy pretty much everything on the aforementioned list. ha! (shocking, I know.) So many of my single friends have a hard time relating. "Aren't you bored? Don't you get sick of kid stuff?" Nope. I'm not bored at all and I'm still half-kid. I am busier now than when I was in school AND worked. And unfortunately, I know the day will come when I won't be the coolest person in Hunter and Dylan's world. (Someone hand me a Kleenex please) So, I will keep on enjoying days filled with my two lovies and buckets of Play-doh...


Bells and whistles.

Lauren





3 comments:

Mom said...

Go for it! The time goes by so quickly. Oh my gosh! I am sounding like an old lady. Oh my gosh! I am and old lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offshorecpa said...

What a fun post! My favorite toy of all time is Legos. I could build mansions out of Legos for hours. And have. I might have to join you for a playdate :)

Tolentreasures said...

We make bowling pins and a bowling ball of Play-Doh and Logan will bowl with Play-doh for hours. Of course setting and resetting those pins up gets a little boring after awhile!

Cathy

Post a Comment

© 2011 by Lauren B. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright 2014