Thursday, December 30, 2010

My New Year's Resolution for 2011

New Years Eve. Quite possibly the most over-rated holiday ever. I'm sorry, but there is very little that excites me enough to get me to stay up until midnight. ha! And the whole resolution thing? I typically don't give it a passing thought. If you want to lose weight, lose weight. If you want to quit smoking, quit smoking. You don't have to wait to January 1st to make a change in your life! COME ON PEOPLE! Can I get an Amen?

This year I decided to make a list though. I think you'll find it to be a bit nontraditional than what you'd usually see on a New Years Resolution List... but, let's be honest- would you expect a list from me to be normal in any sense? No, I doubt it. Let's begin.

Lauren's New Year's Resolutions for 2011!!!

1. Spend more money on shoes. I own 5 pairs of flip-flops, 1 pair of boots, 1 pair of sneakers, and maybe 3 pairs of dress shoes. That is not enough.
2. Bring 80's entertainment back into my life. I intend on watching 80's movies, television, and cartoons, listening to 80's music, wearing 80's clothes, and saying 80's phrases- pretty much all the time in 2011. I could not be more serious about this one. Totally far out!!
3. Exercise less, but be more active. Does that make sense? I have no intention of jogging more, or upping the intensity of my pilates workout. But perhaps I'll pick up rock-climbing, or dodge ball, or ice-hockey?
4. Start deleting people from my facebook page. I use facebook for sheer entertainment purposes and frankly, I'm getting a little tired of some people- all those in favor of blocking every single whiner, complainer, political radical, and creeper- say 'I'!
5. Eat more cheese. It's already the main staple of my diet- but I think there's always room for improvement.
6. Eat more period.
7. Keep on creating. This past year I've taken my rare free moments to create- I started my blog, been working on a book, writing a screenplay, and I intend to keep going as I get time! YES!
8. Invent new words. Yakinshmagle- noun. An annoying person who talks too much. That Lauren, she never shuts up! What a yakinshmagle!!!
9. Ride the Ferris Wheel with Hunter at least 1 time this year. The kid loves it and by george... it made me sick last year. There are these few moments when my age let's me know who's boss and I keep trying to argue it out of existence.

Lauren- "Hunter, Dylan- let's see how many rides we can go on before lunch!"
Lauren's age- "Don't do that. You'll get sick"
Lauren- "Shut up age. You don't own me!"
Lauren's age- "Yes I do. You're almost 30. If you ride too many rides you'll get nauseous and be miserable for the rest of the day."
Lauren- "Come on, I'm not "old". I used to go to parks and ride from open to close and never once get sick. I'll do what I want! You're not the boss of me!!"
Lauren's age- "Fine, suit yourself"
Literally 3 rides later, including the Ferris Wheel....
Lauren- "Ugh, Landon, I feel so sick. I'm gonna go sit down for a while..."

So yeah, I'm riding it again. We'll see who wins in the end.
10. Buying a pistol. Yes, I buying my own gun and maybe Landon and I will start going on dates to the shooting range. SIGH, we are sooo romantic <3!
11. Rewatching every episode of Lost.
12. Sending out real mail. I love getting a random letter in the mail and it NEVER happens anymore. I guess there is no point given email, facebook, blogging, etc, etc... But I think I want to start mailing again. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath on this one.
13. And finally... inventing a time machine. Don't laugh. It's not impossible.

I think that about covers things that I simply must resolve in 2011. I'm sure I missed a thing or two but shoot, I just don't know where I'd fine time to do anything else. It looks like I'll be pretty busy this upcoming year! In all seriousness I am really excited for this new year. I think it will be really awesome, and fun, and full of good things. I am SO looking forward to seeing all that God has for me, Landon, Hunter, and Dylan!

And so here is to you my fellow dudes and dudettes- Wishing you all a totally outrageous, totally far out, radical, jammin' 2011! May it be full of old episodes of Cheers, The Cosby Show, Golden Girls, ALF, Perfect Strangers, Full House, Bosom Buddies, and Family Ties. May it be full of classic movies like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Breakfast Club, Mannequin, Footloose, Goonies, Back to the Future, Ferris Buellers Day off, and Overboard. And when you hear a song by the Bangles, Culture Club, A-Ha, Wham!, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Styx or Whitesnake- you CRANK.IT.UP!

Have a totally gnarly New Year! Like, for sure!

Lauren

2 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

I hear you on 1, 4, 7, 9, 10 and 13. I'll ride the ferris wheel and the time machine, maybe you could even combine the two into one. Keep fighting that ride thing. It's possible, I have 20+ years on you and ride everything with the kids!
Already have the pistol...have a couple of funny stories about that. Do you know that you can't carry a pistol into that big arch thing in St. Louis?
Happy New Year! love your posts!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the whole 80's thing, I like it!!!! I LOVE the 80's, esp the music and cartoons. Why did you ever let the 80's go? I don't know about the 80's clothing though, but I guess that style is coming back.
Love the posts by the way. Have a wonderful and safe New Years!!!

Post a Comment

© 2011 by Lauren B. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright 2014